Skip to main content

Olympic Legacy

 Repost from www.sexyloops.com



Not much been going on here this week. We're settling in to winter and the seabass fishing is getting good. Fishing was good on Monday and although I've not had any really big fish yet, they're starting to show up in reports. Encouraging!

There are some new shore marks I'm keen to explore too, and revisit the area where the Olympic village was built, a lot of it was closed off during construction and the games so this is the first winter these spots will be open for a few years. There are new structures that will attract bait and of course bass, so a few trips at different tides will be in order to get to grips with the spots. I'm sure I'll not be the only one looking to get in there, but luckily I'll be going on Mondays so I'll probably not have to contend with other anglers.

In other news teleworking has come to an end. Being back in the office I can't go down my local river before work any more and doing much less tying, so I decided to do an overdue re organisation of the fly tying room. At the moment that feels like a mistake, but I'm sure when I get it finished I'll be happier with things. Possibly, I'll even be more likely to keep it tidy, but that's probably just pie in the sky.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Partridge & Yellow

  The light partridge and yellow really is a deadly North country spider. Despite its simplicity, this fly is a great taker of both trout and grayling and frankly, the partridge and yellow should be in every river angler's box. To support the channel and be eligible for giveaways head to https://www.patreon.com/flickingfeathers and become a patron or support through paypal.me/flickingfeathers Materials list Hook: Kamasan B170 size 14 Thread: Yellow silk (waxed) Hackle: Grey speckled partridge

Castin 100 feet with Paul Arden

  Paul and Nick are back, this time discussing the elements that make up casting 100 feet plus. It’s starting to get exciting…

Killer bug

  Frank Sawyer's Killer bug is as effective now as ever, it's a quick, durable tie that works year round for trout and grayling in all kinds of waters from chalkstreams to peaty freestones. To support my channel and enter the giveaways head to https://www.patreon.com/flickingfeathers and become a patron or support through paypal.me/flickingfeathers Materials list Hook: B170/B175 or similar size 12-16 Thread: Dark reddish copper wire Body: Chadwick's 477 sub- any brownish, pinky grey yarn